Good afternoon,

I am running some SQL queries on my Gentran database, just to get an idea 
what is what.  I have a pretty small system.  I was trying to write 
something to shake down any queued messages, in case my system shuts down 
without notice.  I have some fun tech support guys who think that moving 
the server, that will only take 2 minutes, can just shut down my server 
and start it back up, no problems.  I have a Gentran system that says, it 
is a problem.

In any case, my question is about the Status in the Message table.  Anyone 
know what the values stand for?  I think I have a good idea.  Looks like 3 
and 4 are sending or queued.  6 or 7 is sent or read.   8 is trash or 
unread, non-delivery reports.

I don't know what 2 means.   My SQL showed up thousands of entries with a 
status of 2.  Most are years old.  I do not have any items in my Store 
directory for these, in fact, I don't even have folders in my store 
directories for these!

I've run my GI checks and deleted orphans.  I've gone through the 
mailboxes.  I believe these are 'stuck' out there.  Is it safe to delete 
them?  Does Sterling provide a way to delete them?

I would have contacted Sterling, but it's Friday, and I'm just not in the 
mood for level 1 support.  You know what I mean?  This is getting into 
some serious system maintenance.   I've worked on this system for 10 
years.  I think I have exhausted every icon on the desktop.  Now I was to 
get in there are really play. 

These are old and we have upgraded servers and software.  I'm hoping 
someone can tell me to ask my DBA just blow them away.  There are about 
17,000 items from 2006 I am pretty sure I don't need.

Thanks,
Cindy


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[email protected] 
    mailto:[email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to