Don't get me wrong I love GIS; however, I completely agree with your 
assessment and I still steer anyone that asks away from GIS towards 
a Gentran Server if the business requirements is simply an EDI 
requirement or if the company has a limited budget or IT staff 
availability. For me being a consultant in the industry, regardless 
if its a Gentran or a GIS installation it still presents itself as a 
potential mapping opportunity for one of my consultants.

Stephen

--- In [email protected], "Paul McTeigue" <paul_mctei...@...> 
wrote:
>
> This is sorta in response to the previous post about a problem 
with GIS 4.x.
>  
> I had to use GIS for a few months last year and, compared to other 
EDI
> mapper/communication/file management systems I have used, I found 
it
> generally much longer to accomplish anything. Like 5 times longer.
> Especially the mapping function. Seeing as it cost 10 times as 
some systems,
> I was quite frustrated.
>  
> Was it just me ?
>  
> Paul
>  
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Paul McTeigue
> Icefan Systemhouse Inc.
> Montreal, Canada
>  <http://www.icefan.ca/> www.icefan.ca
> EDI - BBX - Web Development - SQL Server - VB
> E-Mail: ............. paul_mctei...@...
> Voice-Mail: ....... (514) 957-8001
> Cell: ................. (514) 262-9591
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>  
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[email protected] 
    mailto:[email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to