From: "Michael Mattias/LS" <mcmlse...@talsystems.com>
To: "EDI-L" <EDI-L@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:32:13 PM
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Bar Code Graphics

>I know that I am not an active contributor but I am an active follower of what
>happens in the group. Now I as asking for your input
>or suggestions.
> We are a service and outsource provider for a few thousand vendors and on
> occasion we are forced to test our clients labels with
> Bar Code Graphics, for a fee of >course. Our clients have to pay for this
> "service". Now, because we have submitted labels
> previously and have gotten them approved, we often just submit this
> >previously approved label again. Guess what, it fails and we
> are subjected to a second fee. We then submit the exact same label again and
> it gets approved. This >has a rip-off stench. It now
> costs twice to get something approved. Do others have the same issue with
> these guys?

The whole "third party testing" thing (and specifically fees for same) is a
longstanding topic here.

While I can't recall anything (15 years) dealing directly with labels, I would
bet you dollars to donuts you could search on "third
party testing" AND "ripoff" and get numerous hits going back a long long
time....

BTW... this testing service isn't perhaps located in Nigeria, run by some
former high government official, is it?

MCM
.

<*> Your email settings: