I just saw the price to load GTINs into GS1.   Wow!

They are being pushed to GS1 by Walmart.

My client is looking at $15,000 the 1st year, then $20,000 the 2nd and more in
subsequent years.
This is for an initial load of less than 300 items, then an estimated 300
additional each year.

That works out to be about $50.00 per item.

In the past, most clients have had a very low volume of GTINs (10 to 50) that
were maintained manually ion GXS.  This seems like low volume, but the prices
have increased drastically!

Is GS1 the only player, or are there 'compatible' Data Pools that charge less?

I can generate 832s to load the data, but I suspect whatever client they
install should also handle spreadsheet updates.

Earl Wertheimer
ea...@spe-edi.com
http://www.spe-edi.com

<*> Your email settings: