I was looking more into this and I found out that Eclipse DOES have very
good EDI connectivity and is not used with Gentran.  I was thinking of a
different package....

But you should be able to contact Eclipse support to get all the details and
how it all will work with your company.

Craig

> --- In EDI-L@yahoogroups.com, "socal_ediguy" <craig.e.dunham@...> wrote:
> >
> > I just started working for Epicor, but I've got little knowledge of
Eclipse.  What
> I do know is that it is a solid and robust ERP for use in the electrical,
plumbing,
> HVAC and similar related fields.  For the most part, I know it does
connect in
> with Gentran.  From what I've been able to grasp, it's a solid platform
used
> throughout the electrical supply world.
> >
> > Craig Dunham
> > aka SoCal EDI Guy
> >

> > --- In EDI-L@yahoogroups.com, PCD <pcdwhoopass@> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Has anyone worked with Epicor's Eclipse system and knows what it
uses
> for an EDI translator.
> > >
> > >     My company is transitioning to Eclipse.  I'm not getting any real
answers
> about what is Epicor's EDI translator.  Is it standalone? Is it X12
compliant?  Is it
> robust?  How well is it supported?
> > >
> > >     I appreciate any answers, experiences, and knowledge from the user
> community.
> > >
> > > Dan Mehlhorn
> > > EDI Administrator
> > > Crescent Electric Supply Co.