From: EDI-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:EDI-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jason
McMahon
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:02 PM
To: 'Mike Rawlins'; EDI-L@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Re: Benefits of a TA1 over 997?

I agree. I have yet to use the TA1 and I have never needed it. I have been
called regarding documents that were to be sent to me; but when I am unable
to find them, it usually meant they had not yet been released for
transmission.
The 997 is the document most often used for confirming that said document
has been received. And for the AS2 transmission, the MDI is a means of
confirming said document was received. The difference is where it was
received. The MDI indicates that the receiving party's mail box received
said document, while the 997 confirms that the document was received and
processed by the company's EDI software.

Sincerely,

Jason McMahon
10830 Lake Thames Apt A
Cincinnati, OH 45242-3126