The UEFI 2.5 spec's revision mentions:

"1222 UEFI.Next feature - BMC/Service Processor Device Path"

In the UEFI 2.5 spec, all I've found are 3 references on BMC: Section
9.3.2.6 (BMC Device Path) structure definition. Section 2.6.2
(Platform-Specific Elements) says: "If a platform supports RESTful
communication over HTTP or over an in-band path to a BMC, then the
EFI_REST_PROTOCOL must be implemented.". Table Table 96 (Device Node
Table) of Section 9.6.1.6 (Text Device Node Reference) mentions the Type
and Address requirements for BMC.

In Tianocore EDK2, all I've found are a few things in MdePkg,
DevicePath.h's BMC_DEVICE_PATH structure, DevicePathFromText.c's
DevPathFromTextBmc(), and DevicePathToText.c's DevPathToTextBmc(), which
don't do much except copy a string.

So, all I've really found appears to be basic BMC device path definitions.

Is 1222 a feature that is (or will be) checked into TianoCore's
reference EDK-II, or will it only in commercial UEFI Forum
member-products, and if the latter, which product(s)?

Is all of the functionality to talk to the BMCs in Tiano, and each type
of communication will vary by vendor's BMC, and will be implemented in
vendor's BMC chips?

What kind of BMCs/SPs does UEFI support? Are the 4 types of Interface
Type (Unknown, KCS: Keyboard Controller Style, SMIC: Server Management
Interface Chip, and BT: Block Transfer) the list? Are DMTF Redfish and
IPMI two of the unkown  targets? Are there docs on the 3 non-unknown
interface types?

How do I determine the Type and Address of the BMC (Table 96) in an app?

Is the new UEFI 2.5 REST Protocol is what is needed to use the BMC
device path?

Are there any examples of using this REST API in UEFI C/Python app code?
Perhaps something talking to the DMTF Redfish mockup?

Are there any examples of using this new BMC/SP device path in any
public code, perhaps from some UEFI 2.5 unit tests of adding this new code?

Thanks for any clues...
Lee
RSS: http://firmwaresecurity.com/feed