On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 08:08 +0000, Long, Qin wrote:
> This sounds good.
> Where this new-generated opensslconf.h will be placed? In
> /openssl/crypto/ or EDKII-package include path?  We still need one
> script to install / replace this file?

It looks like the tarball releases of OpenSSL contain a version of
opensslconf.h — which we were previously patching, for the 1.0.2d and
earlier tarballs.

So I think it's best for us to drop our pre-prepared version over the
top of that one. It's actually in openssl/include/ now instead of
openssl/crypto/ — all the header files moved, remember.

The instructions will be:
 - extract tarball
 - copy opensslconf.h to $(OPENSSL_PATH)/include/openssl/opensslconf.h

Unless you want to put it in CryptoPkg/Include/openssl/ and you're *sure* it'll
always get included before the tarball's version in $(OPENSSL_PATH)? That would
avoid the 'copy' step, but doesn't really fill me with joy... but I suppose we
could add something in OpensslSupport.h to #error if the wrong one ever does
get included?

> > I'll leave that question hanging there. In fact I think there's some
> > scope for cleaning up all of the cflags definitions at the end of the
> > file.
>
> In fact, it's not MSFT-specific flags in OPENSSL_FLAGS.

Isn't it? All we have left is:

  DEFINE OPENSSL_FLAGS           = -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
-D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE

Can that not be moved to the MSFT compiler flags? I'm fairly sure it
doesn't do anything in GCC! :)

I'd also quite like to understand the various -U_WIN32 and similar that
we have, even for GCC. Was that because we might be building with a
MinGW toolchain? And because OpenSSL would do something different and
wrong if it saw _WIN32/_WIN32/_MSC_VER defined?

I'd like to fix those *properly* in OpenSSL in the case that
OPENSSL_SYS_UEFI is defined, rather than having to undefine them on the
command line.

But again, that's something that can wait until the first pass is done.

I'd *also* like to see if we can eliminate some of those compiler
warnings. Isn't it rather scary that we have to build the crypto
package with various compiler warnings *disabled* because otherwise the
build breaks? Think about that for a moment... :)

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation