On 08/06/15 16:55, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On 06/08/2015 16:31, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>>> kvm_cpuid:            func 80000001 rax 6e8 rbx 0 rcx 0 rdx 100000
>>> kvm_enter_smm:        vcpu 0: leaving SMM, smbase 0x7ffc0000
>>> kvm_entry:            vcpu 0
>>> kvm_exit:             reason TRIPLE_FAULT rip 0x7ffdb6b2 info 0 0
>>> kvm_userspace_exit:   reason KVM_EXIT_SHUTDOWN (8)
>
> Can you provide a trace with both kvm and kvmmmu events enabled?

The "trace-cmd report" command printed the following to stderr:

trace-cmd: No such file or directory
  function is_writable_pte not defined

Not sure how serious that is; FWIW it did produce a human readable
report. Please find it at
<http://people.redhat.com/~lersek/smbase_reloc_triple_fault/trace.txt.xz>.

The trace covers the full lifetime of the guest (I started tracing
before launching the guest, and I passed -no-reboot to qemu, so when the
guest crashed, QEMU exited.)

This was on 3.10.0-299.el7.x86_64.

Thank you!