From: edk2-devel [mailto:edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Hamel,
Lee M
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:44 AM
To: edk2-devel@lists.01.org
Subject: [edk2] skip enumeration of a PCI device

o    I have a platform that has an override for MdeModulePkg\Bus\Pci\PciBusDxe.
 My goal is to remove this platform override.  There are times when a
particular stepping of silicon needs to be skipped due to a HW bug, e.g. on a
particular Bus/Device/Function, read the PCI Config Header and check the
DeviceID value.  The following override files of PciBusDxe have changes:

1.      PciEnumeratorSupport.c: skip enumeration of a PCI device that is a TXT
device

2.      PciDeviceSupport.c: skip video device registration

It doesn't appear I can install a platform PCI protocol on
EFI_PCI_PLATFORM_PROTOCOL and have only PciDevicePresent() overridden.  This
function touches the TXT device and causes the problem.  I can't use
EFI_PCI_PLATFORM_PROTOCOL and override a greater scope of code because the core
package bus enumeration is called after the platform notification functions,
thus the TXT device is still touched.  I don't see a mechanism to tell core
code to not touch particular PCI devices.

A.      Is there a mechanism to tell core code to not touch particular PCI
devices?

B.      If A is false, then the route may be for me to submit code changes to
achieve the goal.