From: edk2-devel [mailto:edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Shubha
Ramani
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:35 AM
To: edk2-devel@lists.01.org
Subject: Re: [edk2] Getting "Incompatible Memory Type" in ConvertPages for
AllocatePages

Perhaps this is the answer ? I see that PhysicalStart is one of the struct
elements - this is returned by GetMemoryMap().
typedef struct {
  UINT32               Type;
  EFI_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS PhysicalStart;
  EFI_VIRTUAL_ADDRESS  VirtualStart;
  UINT64               NumberOfPages;
  UINT64               Attribute;
} EFI_MEMORY_DESCRIPTOR;
EFI MEMORY DESCRIPTOR - PhoenixWiki

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| EFI MEMORY DESCRIPTOR - PhoenixWikiFrom PhoenixWiki Jump to:
| navigation, search Prototype typedef struct { UINT32 Type;
| EFI_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS PhysicalStart; EFI_VIRTUAL_ADDRESS VirtualStart;
| |  | View on wiki.phoenix.com | Preview by Yahoo |  |
|   |

 Shubha D. ramanishubharam...@gmail.com
shubharam...@yahoo.com

     On Monday, October 26, 2015 10:30 AM, Shubha Ramani
<shubharam...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 So I'm trying to call AllocatePages on a known fixed address as follows:
Status=gBS->AllocatePages(AllocateAddress, EfiLoaderData ,
pages,(EFI_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS*)&memory);
I'm reading pages and the addresses from PCI registers. Here is the problem,
when I allocate I get  "Incompatible Memory Type" in ConvertPages for
AllocatePages.
I have tried changing the fixed address to something else and I don't get the
error.
How do I find an intersection of allowable address ranges ? What I mean is, I
have to usecertain address ranges in my application - but I want to make sure
they're actually use-able. Will GetMemoryMap()give me available address ranges
which can legally be allocated ?  If so then I can find an intersectionbetween
the address range(s) I want to use and what GetMemoryMap() returns.
Thanks,
Shubha Shubha D. ramanishubharam...@gmail.com shubharam...@yahoo.com