On 21/01/16 10:13, Jim Hung (洪銘駿) wrote:
There is one network issue in customer datacenter, the
“ClientID/DUID/Link-Layer Address” is not bundled with the MAC from source
network device if multi LANs on the system. And, this cause the PXE boot
failure at customer datacenter environment.

On our system, it has two network devices, one is Intel NIC, the other is
Mellanox NIC, from RFC mentioned, either one MAC of both NICs can be used to
generate the DULD-LLT. However at customer Data Center, they do NOT accept
this. Each interface needs to generate their DUID-LL(T) based on their own LL.
This means that they must use their own MAC address. Both interface will have
different DUIL-LL(T), which is technically against the RFC here.

Can you please help to check how networkstack driver could be supported on this
requirement?

We have encountered exactly the same problem in iPXE. We decided to adopt the solution proposed by RFC6355: we use DUID-UUID rather than any of the DUID-LL(T) variants. This is the only sensible way in which we can hope to make the same choice of DUID as the loaded operating system.

Michael