So I have been itching to submit patches after the transition to github, when I
stumbled across this. It looks like the development process described in:
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Development-Process
 , does not match the process described in:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tianocore/edk2/master/MdePkg/Contributions.txt

I followed the process in the wiki, and ended up creating a pull request for
tiancore/edk for my contribution (https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/55). I
was also going to send a patch to EDK2 list (as the wiki suggests). Then I
quickly realized that the maintainers are still working only with e-mail
patches, and not pull requests, as clear from the conversations in
closed/rejected pull requests:

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/45
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/51
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/41
etc..

I have no problem of sticking with the edk2-devel e-mail patches like we have
been doing (all of my team from HPE contributes that way). But if that is the
only/proper way to submit contributions, then the wiki need to be updated to
drop the pull requests steps.

Thanks,
--Samer