On 08/04/15 13:07, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> On 08/04/15 12:42, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> On Tue, 2015-08-04 at 03:16 +0000, Ni, Ruiyu wrote:
>>> I forgot to emphasize that I only tested the QEMU boot timeout
>>> feature after changing the QemuBootOrderLib. I don't know how to test
>>> the boot order feature.
>>> For the SeaBIOS CSM, can you tell me how to test or test it for me if
>>> it's very quick?
>>
>> It's been a quite since I've done it; Laszlo probably has more up-to
>> -date instructions and a prepackaged SeaBIOS .config file (perhaps in
>> the RPM packages).
>>
>> But basically you first build the SeaBIOS CSM image as described at
>> http://www.seabios.org/Build_overview#Build_as_a_UEFI_Compatibility_Support_Module_.28CSM.29
>> and then drop it into OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.bin and build with
>> -DCSM_ENABLE.
>>
>> Then (if the BDS gets it right) you should be able to boot legacy
>> targets as well as native UEFI targets.
>
> Okay, if you don't have your guests any longer, I guess I can add this
> to the end of my queue too.

I'm de-queueing this item for myself:

Ray's BDS work (for <https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/issues/62>) is
nearing completion (his v5 series at
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.edk2.devel/11566> is fully
reviewed, and the test results are good), so the next item for me would
be to try to look into this.

However, CSM is apparently generally borked at the moment (see
<https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/issues/82>), and I don't think I can
spend time on analyzing and fixing that.

I guess this is not good news, but I thought it better to report than to
drop the item silently.