On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 03:50:02PM +0100, Ryan Harkin wrote:
> >>   Silicon
> >>     Arm
> >>       ArmPkg
> >
> > Much of ArmPkg should probably move across into UefiCpuPkg and
> > MdeModulePkg over time, but this is probably the best thing to do for
> > the restructuring.
> >
> >>       ArmJunoPkg
> >>       ArmVExpressPkg
> >
> > For most of these ARM ltd. platforms, the Silicon is not usefully a
> > separate component (it's early access Silicon designed for a specific
> > development board). So I would lean towards moving all of these to
> > Platforms.
> >

> I agree.  I was just looking at the list and thought, "Those are two
> directories I was supposed to have moved to the OpenPlatformPkg tree
> long before now".

:)

> Perhaps I should just migrate them?  First, patches to add them to
> OpenPlaformPkg, 2nd a patches to remove them from EDK2.  No other
> changes.

Well, but here's the twist: apart from this proposal, there is the
other one about upstream platform support in Tianocore:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.edk2.devel/11624/

Once that gets finalised, most of the original reasons behind creating
OpenPlatformPkg goes away. So while it would currently make a lot of
sense to move that code into OpenPlatformPkg, that would mean it would
need to move at least once more in the future.

Regards,

Leif