On 7/28/2016 1:19 PM, Andrew Fish wrote:

Seems he will send you the disks. What could go wrong?

I'm actually tempted to take him up on that offer.
Just today I went looking for information about UefiDebugLib to see if it was possible for a driver to print debug information to the serial port (or other sort of debug device) instead of the console, and came across the thread at http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.tianocore.devel/3024 where thanks to Google's cache I learned that:

"The EDK used some Tiano and implementation defined protocols to support DEBUG
and ASSERT macros. So DEBUG
and ASSERT from the EDK can only be reliably used if you compile all the EDK
firmware together. As Liming
points out it is much safer to use a UEFI console based debug message for
developing generic drivers and
applications."

It's a shame to lose information like that.

--
Bruce