Hi,

I researched a little bit on this topic and it seems that you have to add
fuse-linker-plugin to the build options to enable lto plugins.

I did that and unfortunately it had no effect. After running gcc through
strace I could see that liblto_plugin.so does get loaded from the
cross-toolchains libexec directory though.

Does that mean that the toolchain I use (GCC5 from releases.linaro.org and
GCC6 from git.linaro.org) generates lto objects which it can't process with
the shipped plugin?

btw, if I compile using my hosts native GCC(x64) but for IA32 I get lto
errors even for MdePkg. It looks like the fno-lto option is a very bad
workaround and can break any time using specific configurations.

Thanks
Michael

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Michael Zimmermann <[email protected]
> wrote:

> not sure since I only tested it for ARM this time.
> these are the failing objects:
> SoftFloat:
> ld: __aeabi_dcmpeq.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_fcmpeq.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_dcmpge.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_fcmpge.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_dcmpgt.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_fcmpgt.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_dcmple.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_fcmple.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_dcmplt.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: __aeabi_fcmplt.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
>
> LibC:
> ld: fixunsdfsi.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: fixunssfsi.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: floatunsidf.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
> ld: floatunsisf.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
>
> Thanks
> Michael
>
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Ard Biesheuvel <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6 August 2016 at 16:18, Michael Zimmermann <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> > StdLib/LibC/Softfloat/Softfloat.inf and StdLib/LibC/LibC.inf need this
>> flags
>> > too.
>> >
>>
>> Just for ARM?
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
edk2-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/edk2-devel

Reply via email to