On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 06:07:36AM +0200, Michael Zimmermann wrote:
> As for the kind of toolchain to use: there's always (at least) two types:
> bare metal toolchains(arm-eabi,arm-none-eabi, aarch64-elf), and the ones
> with a OS ABI(androideabi, linux-gnueabi,linux-gnueabihf, ...). While
> unlike other bootloader/kernel projects EDK2 seems to work with all of them
> I can only recommend using the bare metal variants.
> 
> For ARM and AArch64 I recommend using linaro's latest stable release(5.3 at
> the time of writing):
> http://www.linaro.org/downloads/
> sometimes the website is out of date and you can go here directly:
> https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/

So, while all of the above is fine, I only ever use the native
compiler under Linux, or one of the linaro "-linux-" flavours if
cross-compiling.

I am however happy someone is testing the bare-metal profiles as well,
since we need to keep the environment (i.e. build configuration) rigid
enough that toolchain flavour does not affect things.

> I've also CC'ed the Arm maintainers so you'll actually get answers unlike
> me when I asked the same question about a year ago ;)

Thanks :)

Regards,

Leif
_______________________________________________
edk2-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/edk2-devel

Reply via email to