Hello,

          We happened to observe that the IPv4 PXE boot was happening
successfully for both classless and classful IPs until the EDKII revision
21542. It has been found that there are some changes made in the revision 21543
and the IPv4 PXE boot is failing for classless IP addresses. The failure
scenario was debugged and is explained here. Let's assume the subnet range is
192.168.1.0/16. The DHCP server tries to allot an IP (let's say 192.168.1.0)
but based on the first byte of the IP address to be assigned, the function
NetGetIpClass() returns the IP class as Class-C and its respective subnet mask
as 255.255.255.0 that should be for a classful IP address whereas 255.255.0.0
is the actual subnet in this scenario. The changes present in function
Dhcp4InstanceConfigUdpIo() seems to be responsible for the failure.

May we know the reason behind the changes present in the Dhcp4Impl.c of the
revision 21543? Is there any plan to bring the classless IP support in
NetworkPkg?

Thanks,
Naveen