On 21 September 2016 at 17:09, Kurt Kennett <kurt.kenn...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am having a problem on my system (assert), and during investigation I may
> have found a problem with the Arm CpuDxe Mmu code that may affect all ARM
> platform users.
>
> CpuDxeInitialize is the entry point, and pretty soon after entry it does:
>
>   SyncCacheConfig (&mCpu);
>
> This calls into:
>   ArmPkg\Drivers\CpuDxe\Arm\Mmu.c
>
> The code asserts that the Mmu is enabled, gets the memory space map, then
> starts to process the page tables by getting the TTBR0 base address.

Before the assert, there is a comment that says

  // This code assumes MMU is enabled and filed [sic] with section translations

I don't know if this is a reasonable thing to assume, and how you end
up violating this assumption, but it does explain why the code does
not work correctly.

What does your memory map look like?