On 09/22/16 05:02, Bruce Cran wrote:
> Would it be possible to either have a NOOPT build for OVMF added, or
> have the DEBUG build disable optimizations?   Personally I'd expect
> debug builds in general to disable optimizations to allow easy
> source-level debugging, but it seems the decision has been made to keep
> optimizations enabled for EDK2 and have a NOOPT configuration for
> debugging?

Yes, I seem to recall that DEBUG means optimizations enabled, but debug
code (such as DEBUG(), ASSERT(), DEBUG_CODE(...), ASSERT_EFI_ERROR())
included. Indeed NOOPT seems to be what edk2 assigns generally to the
build you'd like.

A NOOPT build target for OVMF (and more generally for GCC toolchains I
guess?) should be possible, likely even welcome, I believe. If only
someone contributed such BaseTools patches. :)

('git grep -e NOOPT --and -e GCC -- BaseTools' returns no hits.)

Thanks
Laszlo