On 22 September 2016 at 22:24, Andrew Fish <af...@apple.com> wrote:

[..]
> Pete,
>
> Stupid question. Does adding EFIAPI fix this issue? So:
>
> VOID
> EFIAPI
> MultiParammNative(
>    UINT32,
>    UINT64,
>    UINT64,
>    UINT64,
>    UINT32,
>    UINT32,
>    UINT64
>    );
>
> I'm sitting next to Mike Kinney at the UEFI Forum Plug Fest and we were
> wondering if the calling convention stuff was mucked up on C side.

Pete already confirmed that his analysis regarding X64 and AARCH64 was
incorrect. The only architecture that is affected by this issue is
ARM, and purely due to the fact that its calling convention leaves
'holes' in the register/stack slot assignment to ensure UINT64 values
appear naturally aligned (i.e., the protoype above would not use r1,
but pass the second argument in r2 and r3)