Hi,

I have been using EFI_IP4_CONFIG2_PROTOCOL, setdata function for setting
the policy as* Ip4Config2PolicyDhcp*, to start the Auto configuration. Now
by default the instance Policy is set as *Ip4Config2PolicyStatic, * during
Initialization of the instance( in Ip4Config2Impl.c). Now when I am trying
to set the instance policy as *Ip4Config2PolicyDhcp *from my driver , the
policy is setting successfully and the auto configuration is also done .
But when the system is resetted using a cold or warm reboot, the policy
which was set by my driver as *Ip4Config2PolicyDhcp *remains the same. So
when I was trying to configure the policy again , the configuration get
Aborted, since the Instance policy and the data policy are same.

I found that during the system reboot, all the data which was configured
gets erased, but the configuration policy Set by me remains same(
*Ip4Config2PolicyDhcp*), since *IP4_CONFIG2_VARIABLE_ATTRIBUTE variable (*in
Ip4Config2Impl.h) is set as *EFI_VARIABLE_NON_VOLATILE**. *I Just removed
the *EFI_VARIABLE_NON_VOLATILE*, and my configuration was succeeding and I
was getting proper data. Can anyone please let me know whether is this an
expected implementation to save the policy as same throughout the entire
flash? Kindly help me on this query.

Regards,

Sudarsan