Liming --

And I agree that this should be the behavior. I was surprised by the lack of
translation for the other string printed via %s.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gao, Liming []
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:24 PM
To: Tim Lewis <>; edk2-devel-01 <>
Subject: RE: AsciiPrint behavior with \n linefeed characters.

  The first parameter in AsciiPrint() is the Format string. Per PrintLib.h
definition, \n will be changed to \r\n in the format string.

The following end of line(EOL) translations must be performed on the contents
of the format string:
     - '\\r' is translated to '\\r'
     - '\\r\\n' is translated to '\\r\\n'
     - '\\n' is translated to '\\r\\n'