On 10/18/2016 1:43 AM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
On 10/18/16 02:06, Bruce Cran wrote:
I've just built both OVMF _and_ Qemu from the latest git sources, so I
don't know which is at fault - but I'm seeing a hang in:

#0  0x000000007f9dc030 in SetInterruptState (InterruptState=104 'h')
     at /home/bcran/workspace/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/Cpu.c:60

It's at line 60 when it calls EnableInterrupts().
Introduced when? :)

It's been a while since we committed anything to OvmfPkg that could
cause this. Similarly, I don't recall anything risky like this going
into UefiCpuPkg. I rebuild OVMF every few days, against current master,
and I'm not seeing this. (Just retested at aaba2a44c24e.)

Just to follow up, I've just got around to re-trying it after a couple of weeks of new OpenSUSE Tumleweed kernels coming through, along with a new build of qemu and OVMF - and the problem has disappeared.

--
Bruce