> On Feb 9, 2017, at 6:05 AM, Jun Nie <jun....@linaro.org> wrote:

>> I am new to UEFI and trying to boot Linux with LinuxLoader app. But I
>> cannot find detail information for below questions. Could anyone point
>> out where I can find related information or example code? Thanks for
>> your time!
>>
>> 1. How to feed command line to this app so that ProcessAppCommandLine() can
>> process it?
> I know this app support parsing command line from shell. I am seeking
> method to launch this app from BDS directly without shell but cannot
> find where to specify value to LoadedImage->LoadOptions so that this
> app can get command line from it.

The mechanism in EFI is the NVRAM variable for the boot option. See
EFI_LOAD_OPTION.
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/MdePkg/Include/Uefi/UefiSpec.h#L2037

<https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/MdePkg/Include/Uefi/UefiSpec.h#L2037>

The UI to create boot variables is implementation dependent. When we designed
it conceptually we thought the OS installer would be the primary entity writing
the boot option as it was the entity installing the OS loader.

I think there is a shell command to set boot options, I'm not sure if it lets
you set the OptionalData in the EFI_LOAD_OPTION.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish