I understand the purpose. Today there is an assumption that IF not SKU x, then
use SKU DEFAULT. This assumption is used (by us) for many purposes other than
the PCD database.

I'm confused by your statement that "This RFC has no impact to the PCD database
or behavior of PCD services." Currently, as I recall, there is an optimization
that says: only the differences between SKU A/SKU B and SKU DEFAULT must exist
in the PCD database (SKU A and SKU B are sparsely encoded). Are you saying that
this proposed change will not, in fact, optimize the PCD database for SKU B
(that it will have the full set of values that differ from SKU DEFAULT?) If so,
it is a pity.

My other concern is that, we use the defaulting assumption for many other
items. For example: logos. Leaving it as a build-time construct only prevents
other components from taking advantage of this knowledge.

Tim

On a separate, but related topic, the term "SKU" has a broad connotation, and
we use it for many other items board-specific at build-time and run-time (ie.
Logos). Leaving the defaulting relationship as a build-time construct prevents
usage at runtime. This is similar run-time problem to the case when (a) there
are 10 SKUs listed in [SkuIds] but (b) 3 are listed in SKUID_IDENTIFIERS for
this particular build. How, at runtime, does C code pick up that SkuA is
supported in the current build?