On 05/03/17 15:26, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On 03/05/2017 15:14, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>> I'd prefer a solution that would keep the fw logic / code flow related
>> to register configuration intact, and would just replace a few numbers /
>> constants if possible.
>
> I see.  In my other answer I tried to keep it as intact as possible.
>
> I'm a bit worried about the limits on the number of fw-cfg files.

We've promoted that to a device property in QEMU commit e12f3a13e2e1
("fw-cfg: turn FW_CFG_FILE_SLOTS into a device property", 2017-01-12),
and we've raised the count to 0x20 for 2.9 machtypes, in commit
a5b3ebfd23bc ("fw-cfg: bump "x-file-slots" to 0x20 for 2.9+ machine
types", 2017-01-12).

... Or does your concern already account for those?

Thank you,
Laszlo