On 2017-08-04 13:25:09, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

> > I have another reason why going beyond 80 is not a good idea for code
> > that doesn't apply to normal reading. If you need ~120 columns visible
> > to view some lines, then most lines will end up having a lot of wasted
> > horizontal whitespace because they can commonly fit into 80 columns.
>
> One reason I dislike the "all arguments on separate lines" rule is just
> this -- it wastes perfectly good horizontal space, and eats up precious
> vertical space.
>
> We have a patch submission process for our documents now,

I think I agree about the multiple args/multiple lines issue. I guess
you could try to submit a code style doc change, but I'm not sure how
controversial it might be.

> but I don't
> think maintainers of other Pkgs would bother with following and
> enforcing a stricter 80 columns rule, even if we got it codified. :/

I still think we should have it written stricter even if it isn't
always followed. It could be a step in the right direction.

-Jordan