You might want to look at Firmware Test Suite, it includes a Linux
kernel driver to help with it's interactions with UEFI. Note that this
is a Linux-centric test suite, solution won't work for other OSes.

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/hwe/fwts.git

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1633506

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9323781/

http://www.basicinputoutput.com/2016/03/introduction-to-firmware-test-suite-fwts.html