> (along those lines)
>
> 6 - Build an emulated disk controller as well as NV region in el3 (or
> el2) and export them to UEFI & the OS as real devices. Then trap/forward
> requests to the actual storage device, which is "hidden". This AFAIK was the
> basic idea behind the PS/2 emulation in x86/SMM. Again, probably not a high
> performance option.

You mean, have a driver in el3 or el2 and UEFI or OS is doing smc call to get
things done.
On this line,  some sort of permission manager could reside in el3 or el2.
Either UEFI or OS driver needs to make a call, if they are allowed to access
this
specific controller or other driver is accessing it.
With this  performance issue could be ironed out .

Regards
Udit