Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

> From: af...@apple.com [mailto:af...@apple.com]
>
> The big picture difference is the original SimpleTextIn was the least common
> denominator with a serial terminal. The Ex version added more info about
> keyboards, so richer info on modifier keys.

I get that.  But I fail to see how that affects SimpleTextInEx behavior or
what the UEFI spec has to say about it.

As I said earlier, the question I am raising is when SimpleTextInEx returns
something like:

   Scan Code         = 0
   Unicode Char      = 0x0023 ("#")
   Shift Information = 0x80000001 (right shift pressed)

is it correct for the editor to reject this as an invalid key?

I say, no, it would be wrong to reject this data because the scan code
is 0 and, therefore, the Unicode character is valid and should be used.