(+ Leif)

On 10 July 2018 at 15:14, Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello Sau Kae,
>
> On 07/10/18 11:14, Tan, Sau Kae wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> May I know is armclang already supported in EDK2?
>> Or only armcc is supported currently?
>> Thanks.
>
> Looking at "BaseTools/Conf/tools_def.template", the following toolchains
> appear supported for both ARM and AARCH64:
> - CLANG35
> - CLANG38
>
> They are documented (in the same file) as:
>
> #   CLANG35     -Linux,Windows-  Requires:
> #                             Clang v3.5 or later, and GNU binutils targeting
> aarch64-linux-gnu or arm-linux-gnueabi
> #                        Optional:
> #                             Required to build platforms or ACPI tables:
> #                               Intel(r) ACPI Compiler from
> #                               https://acpica.org/downloads
> #   CLANG38  -Linux-  Requires:
> #                             Clang v3.8, LLVMgold plugin and GNU binutils
> 2.26 targeting x86_64-linux-gnu, aarch64-linux-gnu or arm-linux-gnueabi
> #                             Clang v3.9 or later, LLVMgold plugin and GNU
> binutils 2.28 targeting x86_64-linux-gnu, aarch64-linux-gnu or
> arm-linux-gnueabi
> #                        Optional:
> #                             Required to build platforms or ACPI tables:
> #                               Intel(r) ACPI Compiler from
> #                               https://acpica.org/downloads

I suppose ARMCLANG is the commercial ARM compiler based on LLVM/CLANG?

In that case, could you please share your experiences with these
toolchain profiles? CLANG3x support was added primarily to ensure the
code base is supported by ARMCLANG but I don't know whether anyone has
actually tried building it like that.