On 07/11/18 13:07, Eric Dong wrote:
> Use below three rules to optimize load uCode performance:
> 1. Let BSP relocate uCode from flash to memory for better performance.
> 2. BSP caches the CPU ID and address of uCode so AP doesn’t need to look
>    for the uCode again if the CPU ID is same as BSP’s.
> 3. Only apply uCode in one thread of a core when hyper threading is enabled.
>
> Test:
> Use an sample platform which has 1 socket, 4 core, 8 threads, the CpuMpPei
> driver cost time reduce from 108.4ms to 27.2ms
>
> Eric Dong (3):
>   UefiCpuPkg/MpInitLib: Relocate uCode to memory to save time.
>   UefiCpuPkg/MpInitLib: Use BSP uCode for APs if possible.
>   UefiCpuPkg/MpInitLib: Load uCode once for one core.
>
>  UefiCpuPkg/Library/MpInitLib/Microcode.c | 43

I also tried to regression test this with OVMF. (I know I requested some
changes for patch #1, however those would only affect behavior in
practice when memory allocation fails, so it makes sense for me to test
this version of the series as well.)

Unfortunately, the patch set doesn't apply; it fails with the first
patch already. I tried on top of current master, commit 0a563f3fecfd
("BaseTool: Fixed the incorrect cache key.", 2018-07-12).

Can you please post a v2 that is also rebased on current master?

Thanks
Laszlo