Hi Ard,

pt., 7 wrz 2018 o 13:29 Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org> napisał(a):

> On 6 September 2018 at 16:45, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org>
> wrote:
> > On 6 September 2018 at 16:38, Marcin Wojtas <m...@semihalf.com> wrote:
> >> czw., 6 wrz 2018 o 16:31 Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org>

> >> None, we only forgot, the static initializer will zero non-declared
> >> fields by default.

> >> Indeed, this is why it will disappear from v2. So, when adding the new
> >> callbacks, the version should be increased and checked in relevant
> >> places of the main EDK2 driver, right?
> >>
> >> Because a couple of the new callbacks are introduced, would it be ok,
> >> to increment the version only once, i.e. v2 of the SdMmcOverride will
> >> support 4 new routines?
> >>

> > Yes, that is preferred in my opinion.
> >
> > Also, perhaps add some helper macros, e.g.,
> >
> > #define EDKII_SD_MMC_OVERRIDE_HAVE_POST_CLOCK_FREQ_SWITCH(p) \
> >                   ((p)->Version >= 0x2 && (p)->SwitchClockFreqPost != NULL)
> >
> > so that the version handling is completely contained in the header file.
>
> Actually, would it be possible to define a new phase for this and use
> the existing NotifyPhase hook? I know you need the timing parameter,
> but I'm not thrilled by all the API changes you require there, so
> perhaps we can solve that differently.

Actually the NotifyPhase was the first choice, but the problem I faced
was additional parameters to be passed in the callbacks. I think
adding a new generic field (VOID *) would solve the problem for xenon
and all future controllers. I wanted to avoid the need of modifying
your driver. Please see answer to the second question, in order to get
better understanding.

> In any case, it might be useful if you could provide an overview of
> all the quirks needed by Xenon

There are a couple of quirks required:
1. Quirked initialization - done via existing SdMmcNotifyPhase -
EdkiiSdMmcInitHostPre

2. Capabilities update depending on voltage supply, SlotType, and
controller type (so called "SlowMode")
    - done via existing SdMmcCapability

3. Custom value of UHS Mode field in Host Control 2 Register - done
with the new UhsSignaling callback.
    Additional Parameter needed - Timing.

4. Additional HW configuration after switching clock frequency - done
with the new SwitchClockFreqPost.
   Additional Parameter needed - Timing.

5. BaseClockFreq = 400MHz. Maximum available in the Capability
register is 255[MHz] stored in 7bit field.
  This is done with the new callback and new *Private structure field.
If we were able to pass
  *Private instead of &Private->Capability[Slot], the new callback
could be replaced with new usage
  of mOverride->Capability. However this would also force updating
your driver...

I hope now the Xenon demands are clear. I'm looking forward to your
feedback and how you see the need
of reimplementing our solutions.

Best regards,
Marcin