On 10/02/18 13:37, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 2:55 PM Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Please fix your git settings for your local edk2 clone. Your patch
>> contains context lines with LF (not CRLF) line endings, and that's not
>> correct for edk2.
>
> Shouldn't it be catched by: python BaseTools/Scripts/PatchCheck.py -1 ?

Yes, it should be caught by "PatchCheck.py". The "force_crlf" member is
set iff the pathname doesn't end in ".sh", and then the
check_added_line() method verifies CRLF.

I don't know why it doesn't work in practice. Can you submit a TianoCore
BZ about it?

(Your patch uses LF on both context lines and new (added) lines, so the
current script logic should complain, yes.)

> Hmm, this is weird, the original patch has crlf (see attach file).
> send-email or the mail server somehow stripped it?
>
> I use your recommend git settings, I don't know what I am missing here.

You are right, the attachment looks fine.

... Can you resend the v2 patch (just to me directly, off-list) with

  --transfer-encoding=quoted-printable

? My guess is that the base64 encoding in git-send-email includes an
automatic CR stripping phase.

If indeed bas64 is the culprit, I'll update the wiki article to specify
quoted-printable.

Thanks