Hi,

On 10/09/18 11:07, Varun Kumar wrote:
> I need clarification on ImageUpdatable field in
> EFI_FIRMWARE_MANAGEMENT_PROTOCOL.CheckImage(). ImageUpdatable is of 32
> bit wide

That seems to be the case, yes. (OUT UINT32 *).

> but ImageUpdatable Definitions for this field is of 64 bit wide.

That's not the case; the macros
- IMAGE_UPDATABLE_VALID,
- IMAGE_UPDATABLE_INVALID,
- IMAGE_UPDATABLE_INVALID_TYPE,
- IMAGE_UPDATABLE_INVALID_OLD,
- IMAGE_UPDATABLE_VALID_WITH_VENDOR_CODE
all have type INT32.

(Using the last one as an example, the integer constant
0x0000000000000010 has type INT32.)

I agree that the large number of leading zeroes is confusing. Please
consider filing a Mantis ticket for the UEFI spec, for cleaning those
up.

> I hope it's not defined intentionally if so, please clarify me on
> this. Please find the attached screenshot for reference.

Two comments on the screenshot:

- Currently the edk2-devel list strips attachments (most types, if not
  all). That's a bug, but it's very hard to fix. Either way, the image
  you may have attached hasn't reached the list.

- Sending a screenshot (I assume: from the UEFI spec) is not a bad idea
  (assuming you use a lossless compression format, like PNG). It can be
  improved further if you also provide textual pointers, such as: spec
  release (e.g. "2.7"), and page number or section number.

Thanks!