> On Oct 18, 2018, at 9:43 AM, stephano <stephano.cet...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/18/2018 4:49 PM, Andrew Fish wrote:
>>> On Oct 18, 2018, at 7:22 AM, Carsey, Jaben <jaben.car...@intel.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to know when a patch fixes a BZ. Subject/body I have less
>>> strong opinion about.
>>>
>> +1
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew Fish
> This is always a point of contention with mailing list style patch-workflows
> in my experience. I know some groups have had success with patchwork, but I
> am hoping whatever workflow we choose will support this idea.

S,

What I've done in the past on a branch based github PR flow is have a naming
convention for the branch. For example eng/PR-<Bugzilla #>-<discription>. Then
we have a git hook that looks at the branch name and if it sees a Bugzilla
number it inserts the Bugzilla reference in the bottom of every commit message
for that branch. The CI also played tricks with the branch names and could
update the bug tracker with CI results, and the process status of the bug.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish