Thanks for note Leif,

I am trying to understand this behavior  of specification.

>"If no handler has been registered, or the registered handler returns, then
>the system will be reset by calling the Runtime Service ResetSystem()."
I believe,  this handler needs to be called by wdt driver after wdt is expired.
Meaning , we want wdt to work without resetting the system.
Therefore a mask is needed with wdt, which will prevent to reset the system.
I see it working, at least for SP805, because of PMU mask bits.

Also ArmPkg/Drivers/GenericWatchdogDxe/GenericWatchdogDxe.c has this limitation.
I haven’t read spec of this wdt.  I hope there should a mask around.

Coming back to hardware, which does not have mask around wdt, how to implement
this feature.

Regards
Udit