I have same question. What flexibility is expected in INF? I see one request in
[Depex] section. So, PCD support in [Depex] is added.

Edk2 INF is used to describe the source code behavior. If the source uses
Ppi/Protocol/Guid/Pcd, these information are always required to be described in
INF file. The compiler can optimize the code and remove the unused
Ppi/Protocol/Guid/Pcd. It doesn't need developer specify the conditional
statement.

Thanks
Liming