On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 09:23, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org> wrote:

> When running with a graphical console, no message whatsoever is printed
> when the systems hits an unexpected exception and hangs, because even
> the minimal 'exception occurred' message is only sent to the serial port.
>
> So let's fix that, by updating DefaultExceptionHandlerLib to take the
> availability of a console into account. (#5)
>
> This requires some preparatory decruftication so that we can safely refer
> to the system table and console (#1 .. #4).
>
> Changes since v1:
> - split off ArmVirtPkg patch (#3)
> - always send minimal error message to the serial port before attempting to
>   send it to console->stdout as well (which is more likely to fail) (#5)
> - add Leif's R-b to the series
>
> Ard Biesheuvel (5):
>   ArmPkg/DebugAgentSymbolsBaseLib: remove exception handling
>   ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLib: declare the permitted usage context
>   ArmVirtPkg: drop reference to ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLibBase
>   ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLib: drop BASE variant
>   ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLib: use console if available

Series pushed as

47d977733137 ArmPkg/DebugAgentSymbolsBaseLib: remove exception handling
74a12eae9f2c ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLib: declare the permitted
usage context
ef9f0bff477f ArmVirtPkg: drop reference to ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLibBase
1e32c49718c6 ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLib: drop BASE variant
31f5388006fc ArmPkg/DefaultExceptionHandlerLib: use console if available

after applying the changes suggested by Laszlo. I failed to include
Laszlo's R-b in 3/5, apologies for that.