On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 07:12 +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > A one-size-fits-all BIOS using OVMF+CSM is very much
> > preferable.
>
> Building a one-size-fits-all BIOS is pretty much impossible due to CSM
> being incompatible with secure boot.

Booting with CSM is incompatible with Secure Boot, of course.

But it doesn't prevent Secure Boot unless we actually use the CSM for
booting, surely?

I'm interested in what happened to generic CSM support. Has Intel
really ditched CSM completely from all other TianoCore builds? Nobody
else will ever be able to build a Tiano-based UEFI firmware again,
unless they also squirrel away a copy of the code before it disappears?
The code really is otherwise being deleted?

Or is this an "open source regression", with code that was in the
public repository now disappearing and only being maintained in
private?