On 01/28/19 14:09, Tan Xiaojun wrote:
> On 2019/1/28 19:54, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

>>> Interesting.
>>>
>>> Do you happen to know how many VMID bits the host has? If it has an 8-bit
>>> VMID,
>>> this could be indicative of some problem upon overflow.
>>
>> I'll let Tan Xiaojun (CC'd) answer this questions.
>>
>>> Can you point us at the host kernel?
>>
>> In the report, Tan Xiaojun wrote "4.18.0-48.el8.aarch64"; I guess that
>> information is mostly useless in an upstream discussion. Unfortunately,
>> I couldn't reproduce the symptom at all (I know nothing about the
>> hardware in question), so I can't myself retest with an upstream host
>> kernel.
>>

> I don't understand, what do you want me to do? What is the specific problem?

Sorry, I was unclear. Primarily, please see Mark's explanation.

Secondarily, my point was that the upstream community could help more if
the symptom reproduced on a pristine upstream host kernel. Given that I
don't have access to your hardware that presents the symptom, plus that
the symptom doesn't reproduce on hardware that I do have access to,
using the downstream kernel that you reported, only you can attempt to
repro the issue with an upstream kernel (and then please report the
findings here).