Hi!

I am implementing firmware for a touchpad that will be going into a laptop,
connected via i2c. We would like to take advantage of the UEFI firmware
capsule delivery method for firmware updates if possible. I am struggling
to find out how to do this. In particular, I'd like to know whether there
is a "standard" delivery mechanism we can take advantage of and communicate
with from the firmware side over i2c, or if we need to write UEFI driver
code of some sort to pass the update down. We'd love to leverage a standard
pipe that dumps an update over i2c if possible and implement what we need
to on the firmware side. We are supplying our touchpad to the laptop OEM
and they are distant and have their own software teams, so if we need to
write UEFI code, it complicates matters!

This is the page that I'd love to read, if it were filled out :)
https://github.com/mdkinney/edk2/wiki/Capsule-Based-Device-Firmware-Update

Thank you!
Brad