On 2/25/19 5:08 PM, Rebecca Cran via edk2-devel wrote:
I've been trying to test a boot loader on my MinnowBoard Turbot board. It's running the latest 1.0 firmware from firmware.intel.com, and I'm seeing a hang at the point when gBS->ExitBootServices is called.

I did more debugging using OVMF and found that the i386 boot loader code was trying to call printf (which allocates memory) after ExitBootServices. And that booting an i386 kernel isn't actually supported. So there's not a problem with the MinnowBoard firmware.

--
Rebecca Cran