(adding Achin and Charles)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 10:16, Ni, Ray <ray...@intel.com> wrote:

> [...]

No it is currently not implemented, and I am not aware of any plans to do so.

> I am asking this because MP_SERVICES protocol exposes CPU location information
> (Package/Core/Thread) through *GetProcessorInfo*, but MM_MP protocol doesn't
> have a way to expose that information.
> If such location information isn't exposed by MM_MP, is that because ARM
> doesn't
> care about the location information? Or because ARM cares but forgot to add
> similar
> *GetProcessorInfo* interface to MM_MP when changing the PI spec?
> Or ARM doesn't use the MM_MP at all?

I don't know the history of this protocol and who proposed it, but
today, we don't have a need for running per-CPU initialization code in
the context of MM. Even if MM is a component of the more privileged
firmware running on an ARM system, it is running in a sandbox that was
primarily designed around exposing MM services to UEFI code running at
the same privilege level as the OS (such as the authenticated variable
store). Platform initialization code (which is more likely to require
dispatch to each core) runs in the secure world as well, but not in
the context of MM.

I will let Achin chime in here as well.