Greetings!

I had trouble using SerialDxe.efi with BaseSerialPortLib16550 on a standard
PC com port (com1).  The PC is an asrock motherboard running whatever EFI
bios it came with.  I changed MdeModulePkg.dsc so that
BaseSerialPortLib16550 would be used instead of BaseSerialPortLibNull and
then rebuilt SerialDxe.efi and loaded and started it using
BootServices->{LoadImage,StartImage}.

Output works but input doesn't work, typed characters aren't received by
the uart.  I looked at the code briefly and it seems like the uart isn't
initialized properly.  I used this script to get input working (the
commands should be self explanatory, they're not efi shell commands though):

image SerialDxe.efi
outb 0x3fb 0x83
outw 0x3f8 1
outb 0x3fb 0x3