Hi,

I was working on “Secure Boot” for UEFI. So the idea is to sign our drivers
and load it in secure boot environment.

As of now for experimental purposes we are test signing our driver with our
own certificate,enrolling the certificate in UEFI firmware  ,enabling secure
boot in UEFI firmware and trying to load our test-signed driver.

What we see is :

a)Our signed driver (.efi) loads very well under secure boot from the EFI shell.
b)Our signed driver (.efi) when flashed into the ROM fails to load  under
secure boot.
c)Our signed driver (.efi) when converted into .rom image fails to load from
the shell under secure boot.
d)When secure boot is disabled our signed driver loads well be it as .efi
from shell or as .rom from shell or as flashed into ROM.

So long story short: Our signed driver does not boot from ROM or .rom image

In case of flashed ROM (case b) above ) I don’t get any error but in case of
manual .rom loading (case c) above) I do get an error at shell as : “Load
image #1 error-Security Violation”. ”Image bios.rom loaded – Not found”

Can somebody throw some light into it , please ?

Regards
Deb