On 14 Dec 1999 09:08:58 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tom reiland)
wrote:

 < a bunch of stuff which my Newsreader suppresses, but it is just as
well, because none was worth reading, anyway. >
Hey, Tom,

  SUCKER!!
  SUCKER!!

You may be an well-intentioned, but you should leave it to somewhat
EXPERIENCED Internet hands to distribute the red-alerts.  Or to offer
$1000 per user ***FROM BILL GATES***  to everyone who forwards the
following piece of E-mail.  Or  ....

Someday, someone will figure how to charge for Usenet connections and
communications, and I hope there will be a surcharge for clogging of
networks, but there is not presently any fee in the works of a nickle
per e-mail.  The science fiction book, "EARTH"  by David Brin,
featured the notion of enormous numbers of people not only paying a
tiny amount to read anything, but the Writers, etc., might get rich
from the "residuals" (or whatever they would call those tiny fees)  if
enough people read their websites.  I thought that was clever, too.

By the way, a couple of weeks ago, I was sent a long chat-room account
- oh, it was supposed to be a revelatory dialog among experts -
proving why there will be catastrophe on January 1, owing to a drop of
70% or 85% in world-wide oil production.  I will sent that vital
discussion on to you, if you need something SERIOUS to worry about.

--
Rich Ulrich, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html