Happy holidays! I am developing a map of the annual probability of burning (in
a wildfire) for a mountainous area. I have a map with cells labeled according
to a.) one of five vegetation types and b) housing density and c) the year(s)
when wildfire occurred in the cell. I want to find out if there are differences
in the  likelihood of fire depending vegetation and housing density.

I've constructed a 2X5 contingency table for vegetation type (burn/no burn, veg
type 1, type 2... type 5) and ran a chi square using the number of acres in
each cell as N.
I am concerned that this is a large and arbitrary sample - in that I could have
used meters or inches, thus changing the rather large chi square value.

Do you agree that chi square tests are not an option, and could you recommend
an alternative (some sort of test of equality of proportions)?